Scandinavia’s leading spa launches the bespoke Skodsborg FLOW series
Scandinavia’s leading spa hotel, Kurhotel Skodsborg launches its new Spa Concierge service, Skodsborg FLOW. Designed for both seasoned spa-goers and first-timers, this new bespoke service guides you through Kurhotel Skodsborg’s eight best hot and cold experiences: maximising each treatment so that – when practiced in sequence – their combined benefits are even more powerful and effective. Think: Nordic stretching, ancient breathing exercises in the salt cave, body scrubs in the steam bath and Kurhotel Skodsborg’s signature SaunaGus led by your very own ‘Mist Master’.
A fusion of ancient bathing traditions and the latest research on wellness, Skodsborg FLOW comprises a series of unique, tailored spa experiences to energise and cleanse. This is the Scandinavian take on spa therapy: no absent-minded lounging in the jacuzzi or half-hearted spells in the sauna!
Kurhotel Skodsborg’s award-winning team of Spa Instructors will lead a twice daily Skodsborg FLOW – an impromptu session that is open to all. The eight experiences are designed to strengthen the immune system, stimulate blood circulation and connective tissue, improve sleep and help achieve mental clarity…
- Salt cave breathing exercises: As early as 1898 Dr Ottosen, founder of Skodsborg Sanatorium (the first incarnation of Kurhotel Skodsborg) championed the merits of fresh, salty sea air and halotherapy. In combining ancient yogic breathing techniques with a salt crystal infused microclimate, this take on halo-therapy helps clean the lungs and aids skin problems
- Steam bath body scrub:The steam bath is one of the oldest bathing traditions in the world and is further enhanced by Kurhotel Skodsborg’s signature body scrub (a mixture of special salts and oils) which stimulates blood circulation, exfoliates and softens the skin. A sneaky cold-water rinse further boots circulation, cleanses and tightens the skin
- Hydro jet massage: Kurhotel Skodsborg’s 100m2 hydro pool has a high salt content and is equipped with a series of push buttons which activate jets of water. These jets massage the body, soften muscle, relieve joints and stimulate connective tissue and blood circulation
- SaunaGus: Kurhotel Skodsborg’s signature treatment performed by a ‘Gusmester’. Nordic sauna treatments date back some 2,000 years and SaunaGus is Kurhotel’s unique take on the treatment: an aromatherapy sauna session which uses warmth and ethereal oils to soothe mind and body. The Gusmester infuses the air with pure essential oils, masterfully circulating the heat and aromas with a towel before leading the charge down to the hotel jetty for a bracing dip in the Baltic Sea. The juxtaposition in temperatures pushes your physical and mental limits and sparks a great wave of endorphins, prompting a real boost of energy and an immense sense of wellbeing
- Steam mist: Much like SaunaGus, steam misting works on similar principles, but has greater respiratory advantages thanks to an 100% air humidity. With an aloe vera treatment to soften the ski and improve elasticity and a sugar peel to remove dead skin cells and moisturise this treatment will leave you glowing
- Bathing salt footbath: Again pioneered by Dr Ottosen in the early nineteenth century, footbaths are an integral part of daily care at Kurhotel Skodsborg. They have a calming effect on the nervous system and help to expel waste products, as well as nurse sore feet and address perspiration, swelling and restless legs
- Nordic stretch: Inspired by the guiding principles of yoga, Nordic stretch increases flexibility and mobility while improving blood circulation and – like yoga – aiding concentration, mental clarity and peace of mind
- Aqua fitness: A workout to burn calories, have a good stretch and raise a smile. The water in Kurhotel Skodsborg’s Bassin 21 is a nice warm 27°C and supports the body while providing a good level of resistance
Skodsborg FLOW will undoubtedly shake up your spa routine. With a Spa Concierge on hand to steam, scrub and stretch your weary limbs, you’ll leave Kurhotel Skodsborg with a spring in your step, extolling the virtues of Nordic bathing.